1913 Historic House (144 Florida Avenue) Saved
On March 16, 2017 the Town saved a 1913 historic house that originally built by Jupiter pioneer Harry Aicher when he was a teenager. The house was located across the street from Town Hall Park on Florida Avenue. The current owner of the house, Dana Anderson, agreed to donate it to the Town. The Town Council at their February 21, 2017 meeting voted to temporarily move the historic house across the street to the Town Park. During the next few months Town staff will be researching possible permeant locations for house and bring a recommendation back to the Town Council for a final decision. The list of potential sites being considered includes the Town’s Sawfish Bay Park (adjacent to the 1915 FEC Train Depot), the new Town Park adjacent to the Cinquez Park neighborhood or its existing location.
Historic Facts about the 1913 historic house:
- It was built on property owned by Dr. Ferdinand Constantine Aicher, who owned all of the area around Town Hall Park.
- Constantine Aicher was married to Ella May Carlin, the third child of Charles and Mary Carlin (Carlin House and Jupiter Life Saving Station). Constantine was employed by William Sperry for the Sperry House from 1904 to 1909.
- Harry Aicher (a Town Councilor from 1928-1930) married Alma Blount (aka Alma B. Holden) in 1925, and ran the Aicher Store in “West Jupiter” and was the Jupiter postmaster from 1934-1953.
- The house remained in the family by Alma B. Holden (previously Alma Aicher) until 1983.